Invisalign and Clear Aligners
What are clear aligners?
Using the latest iTero Element® scanner, Dr. Gutierrez takes a fast and precise 3D digital scan of your teeth and maps out a custom treatment plan just for you. Your 3D digital scan is used to design a sequential series of clear aligners that you wear all day and night, and replace on a weekly basis. The aligners are designed in a way that requires less adjustments by the doctor. This means that the frequency of your appointments is much lower than with traditional braces.
The clear trays are made of medical grade plastic. While in place, the trays continuously put gentle pressure on the teeth to coax them into place. Each new aligner slowly shifts the teeth into the desired position. One of the most handy features of clear aligners is its removable nature. You can continue to eat, brush your teeth, and attend special events like normal. The trays are a discreet and convenient method to obtain the smile you deserve.
What are the advantages of clear aligners?
- Clear aligners can be more comfortable than metal braces
- The trays are almost unnoticeable
- Less office visits (usually every 3 months)
- You can eat anything you want during treatment (as opposed to having to avoid crunchy, sticky foods with traditional braces)
- Oral hygiene with aligners is a breeze